Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mice on the Loose!

I am truly honored to have been a part of Truly Nolen's social media project on July 24, 2010- the Mousecar Parade.



We started the day driving down AIA in our Mousecars with our incredible drivers (including my driver Raphael who was not only a genius on insects but sang M.C. Hammer's You Can't Touch This) and headed to the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Discovery and Science.  There I got to live out my lifelong dream of holding a tarantula.  It was a fantastic experience!




Next we drove to Pizza Fusion for tasty organic pizza.  Their organic Mediterranean pizza with Kalamata olives was to die for.  I highly recommend it!


Next stop - Butterfly World in Coconut Creek. If you have never been to Butterfly World, take my advice - it is totally worth the entry cost to experience it at least once.  It is like being in The Secret Garden or a fantasy world. I have expected a fairy to fly by. 



You can sometimes touch the butterflies and occasionally they will land on you, but hundreds of them fly around you - some the size of little birds. BW's Barry the Bug Guy gave us an entomology lesson as well and I got to hold a hissing cockroach and a giant African millipede.  My mom (who breeds exotic pets) would be so proud!




Back to our cars to cruise on home, all of us squeaking (sorry had to) about our day.  The public's reaction to the parade was priceless - they were taking photos, tweeting about seeing the mousecars drive by and the media responded to talking about the event as well.  All in all it was an extremely successful campaign for Truly Nolen and their PR team at Tilson PR in Boca. Congrats to all and thank you for such an incredible, unforgettable time!

To see more of the Truly Nolen Mousecar Parade event images, visit:  http://bit.ly/derQCn





Follow me on Twitter: www.Twitter.com/EmilyontheAve

No comments:

Post a Comment